As a professional organization for geography, the PGS has always been committed to the promotion and advancement of the discipline. Among the major activities the society has undertaken include the following:
- UGAT-PGS (UGnayang Pang-AghamTao) Joint Conference 2015 – “Dagat ug Kinabuhi/Maritime Cultures, Spaces, and Networks” held on Oct. 22-24, 2015 at Siliman University, Dumaguete City.
- Forum on Geographical Studies 2013 – “Research Engagements of Young Filipino Geographers and Visual Arts, Geography, and Ways of Doing” held on Nov. 26, 2013 at Palma Hall Audio-Visual Room 207, University of the Philippines Diliman.
- Forum on Geographical Studies – “Research Engagements of Young Filipino Geographers” held on December 12 at Room 400 Palma Hall in UP Diliman, Quezon City.
- Philippine Geographical Society’s Pre-Annual Assembly
- Participated in the 3rd Congress of the Asian Association of Urban and Regional Studies (AAURS #3) in Bangkok, Thailand.
- National Conference on Geographical Studies (NCGS) 6 – “Because Place Matters: Revisiting Our Everyday Geographies”
- National Conference on Geographical Studies (NCGS) 5 – “Mapping Sustainable Pathways for a Safer and More Resilient Greater Manila Region“
- 4th National Conference on Geographical Studies -“Geographical Explorations of the Philippines: A Closer Look at Environmental Transformations in the Rural and Urban Settings“
- The SEAGA International Conference – “Geographies: Changing Environments, People, and Cultural Groups, Institutions and Landscapes”.
- 3rd National Conference on Geographical Studies (NCGS3) – “The Emerging Housing Landscape of Metro Manila”
- Attended the annual meeting of the collaborators of the Challenges of Agrarian Transitions in Southeast Asia Project (CHATSEA) in Canada.
- National Conference on Geographical Studies 2007 (NCGS 2007) – “Issues and Trends in Geographical Research and Education.“
- 2nd National Conference on Geographical Studies
- First National Conference on Geographical Studies – “Mitigating Natural Disasters in the Philippines”
- 54th Annual General Assembly